Title of Layout: Imagine the Possibilities
Designer: Susan Lui
Graphic 45 Papers - Transatlantique (All Aboard, Pack Your Bags, Globe Trotter, Bon Voyage & Paris Post) & Botanicabella (Ode to Butterfly);
Flowers - Prima;
Printed Transparency - Hambly;
Inks: Rangers Distress Inks;
Twill: Creative Impressions;
Others - Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Rangers Liquid Pearls, Lace (unknown brand)
1. Select the patterned paper you wish to use as your base. Here I used Transatlantique's Pack Your Bags and All Aboard. Trace out the bracket shape on your patterned papers, making sure one is slightly smaller than the other. Cut them out.
2. Select three more patterned papers to use under your photo. I chose Globe Trotter (both sides) and Bon Voyage. Cut them slightly larger than your photo, in varying sizes. An inch or more larger than your photo is a good size to start with. Ink and distress all the edges of the paper, including the bracket papers you cut out earlier.
3. Arrange your patterned papers and photo as shown. Here you can see how the inked and distressed edges add texture and definition to your patterned papers.
4. Select your embellishments. I love flowers and trims so here's what I decided to work with.
See the three butterflies? Those were cut out from Graphic 45's Botanicabella Ode to Butterfly patterned paper. I added crackled glossy accents to them to add gloss and stiffness so they would stand up well.
5. Arrange your embellishments on your layout. While laying out my flowers I added in a couple of tiny yellow filler flowers and some flower centres.
6. I kept my title small on this layout, making use of a piece of twill I had which had the word "Imagine" printed on it. I attached the twill to the patterned paper using a copper brad.
. Finally I added a corner flourish on my photo, using a printed transparency. And that's it! :)