Homespun Ideas For Home Decor & Cards
Welcome to our celebration of gorgeous homespun crafts featuring our marvelous French Country collection! Today we're going to share some beautiful and unique ideas that are sure to inspire you! You'll see a stunning altered frame by Annette Green, along with a fun video tour. Then Romy Veul will share a magnificent French Country birthday card and tutorial! You'll see a splendid variety of ideas for crafting with this elegant collection! It's going to be a wonderful day!
Don't forget that today's is the last day to enter to win this week's blog prize! We are giving away a Steampunk Spells 8x8 and 6x6 paper pad, Stickers, Chipboard Die-Cuts 1, cardstock Tags & Pockets, Banners and Antique Metal Door Pull Staples! That's a $44 value! Just leave us a blog or Facebook comment this today for your chance to win! A random winner will be chosen and announced on tomorrow's blog so stay tuned!
We begin with Annette's amazing French Country frame. This breathtaking piece of home decor also includes a notepad, schedule organizer, pencil cup and more! It's a fantastic way to add color and style to any room while also helping you stay organized! This is the perfect craft creation for a teen or college student! It's also a great ideas for a gift for back to school time! Here Annette explains her inspiration behind this fabulous piece! Enjoy her wonderful video tour where she details all the unique and beautiful features of this magnificent creation!
"With a teenage daughter in the house, home decor items for her room have gotten much more sophisticated. She recently updated her bedroom from the childhood pinks and purples to warm browns and tans with accents of red and black, so French Country was the perfect fit. And since she’s getting ready to go back to school soon, I thought this frame would serve nicely as a decorative yet functional piece to hang on her wall by her desk." -Annette
Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Door Plate & Knob
Wooden box, spools and letter J
Cork tile, 6 x 6
Next we have another gorgeous French Country creation. Behold Romy's lovely birthday card and fun tutorial! This sweet card displays lavish paper layers, fussy cut elements and cute embellishments! It's fun and easy to make and it's the perfect way to show that you care! Handmade cards are great for any occasion! Brighten the day of someone you love by creating a dazzling French Country card! The elegant designs and vivid colors are just perfect for pretty cards! Follow along with Romy's step-by-step tutorial to create this card for someone you love! Take it away, Romy!
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ‘Walnut Stain’
Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame Die
Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch
1. Use the Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Die to make the background from the black sheet out of the French Country 8x8” pad.
2. Cut two rectangles from two different red papers from the French Country 8x8” pad. Cut them a little smaller than the postage stamp background and attach them to the card base. Ink the edges of the papers to make them stand out more.
3. Punch alongside the edges of a green sheet of paper from the 8x8” paper pad. Attach these borders on the left and right side of the card. Also cut out the Bonjour card from the “Bon Appetit” sheet and glue it down in the middle of the card.
4. Take one of the die-cuts from the “French Country Tags & Pocket” package. Ink the edges of the die-cut and attach it to the card using foamtape.
5. Cut out two sunflowers from the “French Country” sheet. Use foamtape to attach them on the left side of the card.
6. Cut out two more sunflowers from the “Sunflower” sheet out of the French Country 8x8” pad. Attach them on top of the other sunflowers with foamtape. Attach a “Staples Stamped Brad” to the centers of both sunflowers.
7. Further decorate the card with a piece of twine and two fussy cut butterflies. Also adhere pearls in the centers of the butterflies. To finish off the card, cut out a sentiment from the Place in Time 8x8” pad and glue it down on the right side of the card.
Wasn't that fun, G45ers? We wanted to make one quick announcement about a very special Graphic 45 event! We are so excited to be heading to Belgium October 25th-27th for the Scraptastic Event! Diane and Charee will be teaching five beautiful, technique-driven workshops for this amazing event! If you are in Belgium or plan on traveling there and you want to attend this event you can sign up now!
Charee and Diane
We had so much fun getting to share today's amazing French Country projects with you! We hope you got inspired to create your own special French Country treasures! Big thanks to Annette and Romy for their beautiful work today! Don't foget to leave us a blog or Facebook comment today for your chance to win this week's blog prize! We will announce a winner tomorrow along with more breathtaking craft inspiration! We wish you all a very happy day! Thank you so much for joining us!
Your Friends at Graphic 45