Graphic 45 Sneak Peeks Day 3: Couture
Get ready for some fancy fun with more amazing sneak peeks of our new Couture collection! We are having such a great time this week getting to share an exclusive first look at this stylish new collection. Today we're going to share 6 more gorgeous papers from Couture. Plus we have 4 more winners to announce from yesterday's Win It Before You Buy It contest. You have another opportunity to win a $25 Couture prize pack! Just leave us a blog or Facebook comment today for your chance to win. More winners will be announced on tomorrow's blog along with more amazing sneak peeks! We also have a fabulous Steampunk Spells home decor project and tutorial by Annette Green to share with you today. We are going to have so much fun! Lets begin with our winners from yesterday's contest!
From the Blog:
-Aleta Chrisman: "This new line reminds me of my mother. She sewed most of her clothes in the styles shown on your papers. She was always so elegant."
-Vicki Chow: "Patiently waiting for this to arrive in the store!!!"
-Nichele Snyder: "I'm just in love with the lady on Couture Stamp 3. And the stickers. Ohh, I love the stickers!"
-Katie Sterry: "Have I told you lately that I just love you guys!! (Ladies ; )) you keep making them, we'll keep.obsessing! Haha."Congratulations! Will today's winners please email us with your shipping information at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize! Prize packs will begin shipping in November. Stay tuned to tomorrow's blog for more sneak peeks and prize winner announcements! And now it's time for more breathtaking sneak peeks from Couture. Here are 6 more gorgeous papers from this elegant new collection!
Wasn't that beautiful, G45ers! We are so excited to see all the incredible crafts you'll create with Couture! And now it's time for some splendid Halloween inspiration featuring our fun Steampunk Spells collection! Here we have these adorable tea light holders by Annette Green. This is such a fabulous idea for festive Halloween home decor! It's a great way to add color and cheer to your holiday. It's also a great project if you're crafting on a budget! Annette even created a step-by-step tutorial so you can create these darling crafts for yourself! Have fun getting creative with Steampunk Spells. Take it away, Annette!
"I love it when a project serves a dual purpose. These fun little Steampunk Spells decorations are not only great for putting out at Halloween time with their battery-operated flickering tea-lites, but they also serve as a treat holder which would make a really great party favor. I’ve added a pocket to the back of each one, big enough to hold a gift card or a flat candy bar. These were so fun and easy to make! The tea-lites can be found at dollar stores or WalMart which is where I found mine." -Annette
Battery powered tea-lites
Dies: fence and pediment, Tim Holtz
Thick tacky glue
Here is Annette's fun and easy tutorial! It's so great! Enjoy creating this festive piece for your Halloween home decor!
1. Cut 8 three-inch circles from black chipboard. Cut each in half.
2. Layer 4 halves together using strong glue for a total of four sets.
3. Cut four black chipboard pieces 3 x 5 ½ inches.
4. Cut Steampunk Spells paper 3 x 5 ½, adhere to chipboard, ink edges with black ink, then adhere half circles to fronts.
5. Detail photo shows how the half circles are adhered. Use a thick tacky glue for a strong hold.
6. Die cut four fences from patterns & solids. Ink edges with black ink.
7. Adhere fences to half circles. Then cut apart the faces and adhere to each.
8. Die cut pediments from black chipboard and adhere to the tops of each piece with Scor-Tape. Cut apart names of the “faces”, matte with cardstock, ink edges and add copper brads. Adhere the names with foam tape.
9. These are the tea lights from WalMart. They bases are black and the flame is orange when lit.
10. Each light sits down inside the half circle base nicely. The tea lights can be lifted out easily to turn them on and off.
11. If you like, you can make your decoration into treat holders. Here I’ve shown two ideas. One is a library pocket style which would hold a gift card nicely. The other is larger and has more room to hold a thin candy bar.
12. For the candy bar holder, cut a piece of patterns & solids paper of your choice 4” wide x 3” high. Score around three sides: ¼ inch, then again at ½ inch. Cut away the two bottom corners. Then fold inward on the score lines.
13. When folded in, you’ll have this open box. Add a bit of Scor-Tape to hold it together then more Scor-Tape to adhere it to the back of the decoration.
We've got one more special treat for you G45ers today! Nichola Battilana of our Design Team is being featured on today's Papercrafters Library blog! Here is a sneak peek of the beautiful Typography project that she created for today's fun feature! Hop on over to the Papercrafters Library blog to see this amazing creation in its entirety! You're going to love it!
We hope you all had a lot of fun exploring today's sneak peeks and crafts. There's more amazing sneak peeks in store for you tomorrow, along with more prize winner announcements and craft inspiration. Be sure to leave us a blog of Facebook comment today for your chance to win that wonderful Couture prize pack! Big thanks to Annette and Nichola for their gorgeous work today. We hope to see you again tomorrow for more inspiration and fun. Have a wonderful day, G45ers!
Your Friends at Graphic 45