Graphic 45 Sneak Peeks Day 8: Sweet Sentiments
It's a beautiful day to get inspired with Graphic 45 sneak peeks! We've got so many incredible crafts to share with you today, including some exclusive Sweet Sentiments creations from Diane's workshop! You are going to fall in love with the darling works of art that Diane and her team have created just for today's blog! Plus we have 4 new winners to announce from yesterday's Win It Before You Buy It contest! Today is your last chance to leave us a blog or Facebook comment for your chance to win a Sweet Sentiments prize before the collection arrives in stores! We will announce 4 more winners on tomorrow's blog. Today we will also be sharing more amazing crafts from our design team as we continue our fun blog hop with our friends at Scor Pal! Today's blog is filled with so much inspiration and joy! Lets get this party started!
From the Blog:
-Debbie N: "Would love to win. Thank you for the chance."
-Kitty Strydom: "You guys put a lot of love into this collection. It is gorgeous. Love everything from the fonts to the color scheme. Thanks for the Steampunk Spells tutorials, I have to get scrapping!"
-Sherlock Hoka: "Please, I want to win. need this line. The Stickers and Chip-boards are magically. The colors are just vibrant."
-Pam Powell Williams: "Going ga-ga over SS. Too pretty and love the matching stamps."
Congratulations! Will today's winners please email us with your shipping information at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize! Prize packs will begin shipping in November. Stay tuned to tomorrow's blog for more prize winner announcements!
Now it's time for some gorgeous inspiration featuring Sweet Sentiments and Graphic 45 Regular Tag Album Staples! This Sweet Sentiments Tag Album shows all the great new papers from Graphic 45! The tags are tied together with pink, purple and cream ribbon. G45 Keys have been used as embellishments.
This tag uses both sides of ‘Perfect Petals’ and a tag and card are tied with ribbon to complete the tag.
Next up is this beautiful altered 12x12 Matchbook Box that's all decked out in Sweet Sentiments. This marvelous box opens to reveal a colorful compartment for handmade cards and envelopes. This is such a dazzling piece of altered art that would also make an incredible gift!
Here is another Sweet Sentiments treasure from Diane's workshop. This is a darling wall hanging that would look amazing in any room of the house. This adorable creation is also perfect for Valentine's Day! Sweet Sentiments is the perfect collection for any special occasion!
And now it's time for more fun as we team up with our friends at Scor Pal for another wonderful day of this amazing blog hop! All this week we are sharing fabulous crafts that combine beautiful Graphic 45 products with fabulous Scor Pal scores and adhesives! We're also giving you the chance to win this incredible 12 Days of Christmas and Scor Pal prize pack this week! Leave us a blog comment for your chance to win this fantastic 12 Days of Christmas prize pack that includes beautiful Graphic 45 papers, Staples and Scor Tape! It's an $84 value! We will announce a prize winner on next Monday's blog so stay tuned! Check out the Graphic 45 Facebook and Pinterest pages this week for even more chances to win special prizes from Graphic 45 and Scor Pal!
Graphic 45 Facebook:
Graphic 45 Pinterest:
Our friends at Scor Pal are also offering fun prizes and fabulous inspiration on their blog today! Be sure to hop on over to the Scor Pal blog to see some amazing Graphic 45 and Scor Pal crafts. Leave a comment while you're there for your chance to win a wonderful prize!
And now it's time for some amazing craft inspiration from our design team! We begin with this fabulous peek-a-boo tag by Nichola Battilana. This dazzling creation features our Steampunk Spells collection and awesome Scor Pal products. This sweet tag is just perfect for Halloween! Learn all about how Nichola created this festive tag in the video tutorial below. Have fun recreating this marvelous work of art for your Halloween festivities! It's just perfect as a handmade gift or a cute piece of Halloween home decor!
Graphic 45 Staples:
Regular Tag Album
Petaloo Flowers and leaves
Next up is another breathaking creation that combines Graphic 45 and Scor Pal products. Here is Susan Lui's gorgeous mini album featuring our Typography collection. This is the perfect mini for your precious photos and keepsakes. The rich colors and brilliant designs of Typography come to life on every page of this marvelous mini. Want to create one for yourself or someone you love? Just click on the link below to download Susan's fun and easy tutorial! You're going to love it! Here is what Susan had to say about this stylish work of art!
"Here’s a mini album I created using envelopes and Graphic 45’s new Typography collection. The mini album has lots of pockets for you to insert journaling, notes or little mementos from a vacation." -Susan
Next up is another fabulous creation featuring Typography! Here is Annette Green's beautiful coupon holder! This is a fun and fashionable way to keep your coupons organized! Annette even created a step-by-step tutorial to show you how you can create this amazing book! So grab your Typography papers and Scor Pal products and get ready for a papercrafting adventure with Annette! Here is what she had to say about this splendid coupon book!
"When creating projects for myself or to teach others, I try to design items that are functional and useful. I have been in need of a coupon holder for a while and don’t care for the inexpensive ones in the stores, and they don’t have enough pockets for all my needs. Not only do I have coupons, I also have several gift cards, discount cards, and frequent shopper cards that I simply don’t have room for in my wallet. When Typography came out, I knew this would be the perfect paper for my project! I decided to create a unique book-style coupon holder with many pockets using all the papers in this great collection; something pretty I can keep everything organized in, and put it in my car so I always have it on hand and never forget a coupon at home again. This easy book came together quickly using the Scor-Pal." -Annette
Scor-Tape (1 inch, ½ inch & ¼ inch)
Vintage Photo ink for inking paper edges
E6000 glue for metal
2. Score down the center at the 4-inch mark.
3. Fold paper in half on score line and burnish.
4. Open out the paper and flip to the other side and place in the Scor-Pal wide. Score at 7 inches. (note: be mindful of your scores if your paper has a specific direction to its print or pattern)
5. Fold on the 7 inche score and burnish.
6. Fold the piece in half. This is a complete page with a pocket.
7. Open out the page and add Scor-Tape to the sides to seal the pocket when folded in place.
8. Use the scraps from your initial cut to create additional pockets for pages. Cut the piece 3 ¾ x 5 ½ inches.
9. Place in Scor-Pal wide then score at 3 ½ inches. (Pay attention to paper’s directions/pattern)
10. Fold on score and ink edges of paper before sealing closed.
11. Apply Scor-Tape to sides to create a sealed pocket.
12. This pocket will also create another pocket.
13. Apply Scor-Tape to the back of the pocket above, only on the two sides and along the bottom.
14. Adhere this pocket to the page. Now you have three pockets per page in your coupon book.
15. Tip: When adhering the pockets to the page, leave some slack so you can easily insert coupons and gift cards. I place a bone folder inside the pocket to achieve this.
16. Create as many pages as you like. For this coupon book, I made six pocket pages for a total of 12.
17. Create an accordion spine to bind the pages together by cutting a piece of thick black cardstock 7 x 12 inches. Score every 1 ½ inches across.
18. Flip the black cardstock over to the other side and score in between each previous score except for the first and the last.
19. Accordion fold with the first and last flap folded upwards.
20. Your pages will straddle each peek in the accordion folded spine like this. Plan out the order of your pages first and lay them out in front of you.
21. Add Scor-Tape to all the accordion folds except the first and the last.
22. Beginning with the first page, adhere the left flap of your page to the first Scor-Taped panel.
23. The right flap of that same page will then get adhered to the next Scor-Taped panel. Continue this with all pages.
24. Create a spine by cutting thick black cardstock 4 ½ x 7. Place in Scor-Pal tall and score at 1 ½ inches and again another 1 ½ inches.
25. Fold on scores and add Scor-Tape to two outer flaps.
26. Adhere assembled book to spine one flaps at a time.
27. Add decorative paper to the outer spine, cut to 1 ¼ x 6 ⅞ inches.
28. Add papers of your choice to the cover.
29. and the back cover. And don’t forget the inside front and back covers too.
31. Punch hole, add eyelet, and insert elastic cording to back cover.
32. Stretch the cording around to the front and catch the key to hold your coupon book closed.
We hope you all enjoyed today's amazing sneak peek blog! We had such a great time teaming up with our friends at Scor Pal to bring you today's special blog hop. There's more amazing inspiration in store for you all on tomorrow's blog as we continue this incredible blog hop event! Don't forget to leave us a blog or Facebook comment today for your chance to win that fabulous $25 Sweet Sentiments prize pack. We will announce 4 more winners on tomorrow's blog along with more incredible craft inspiration. Big thanks to Nichola, Susan and Annette for their lovely work today! We hope to see you all again tomorrow! Thank you so much for joining us today, G45ers! Have a happy, crafty day!
With Love and Pretty Paper,
Your Friends at Graphic 45