Getting Creative with Graphic 45 Cards
Happy Friday, G45ers -
Today, we have a tutorial from Susan Lui for a popular card technique. You are going to love the creative folds and fantastic tutorial. It looks so ornate and complicated, but is so easy to create! It will impress all your family and friends. We will also share a fun card from the G45 Vault by Sharon Ngoo!
Before we begin, we're sure you're all curious as to why won this week's blog contest! Well, let's wait no longer. The winner of this week's blog contest chosen at random from the Facebook comments is.....
-Susan Yates: Oh how great it would be to win the give away during National Craft Month!
Congratulations, Susan! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. You won the jam-packed prize pack below. Join us next week for a brand new blog contest and for continuing the National Craft Month fun!
We had a great question on our Facebook page yesterday about fussy cutting. Nichola made this video to share her own fussy cutting tips! We know some of our G45ers really love fussy cutting, but many want to know more. Here's a great video that gives some really great tips (and also a great video to watch before you try Susan's card below with the fantastic fussy cut butterflies)!
Card Tutorial from Susan Lui
"A few weeks back I created a shutter card for Graphic 45 using the Couture collection. I had quite a few requests for a tutorial for it, so I’ve designed another shutter card, this time using Sweet Sentiments.
Here’s the card, which as you can see, opens up into a 9x9 inch 3D display:
Here’s what you’ll need to create the card:
Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments 8x8 Paper Pad
Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments Heart Song
1. Cut your 12x12” cream cardstock into 9x9”.
2. Score and cut your 9x9” cream cardstock as shown below.
3. You should end up with a base sheet like this, which you can now accordion fold to give you a shutter card.
4. Select the 3x4” images from Easter Greetings in the paper pad and attach them to the panels marked ‘A’. On the panels marked ‘B’, attach rectangles of purple Violet Bouquet, leaving a small border of cardstock all around. Glue on some doilies to these purple rectangles. On the panels marked ‘C’, attach rectangles of pink Heart Song. See photo for details.
5. Cut out the images from Easter Greetings patterned paper and attach these to the panels marked ‘C’. See photos below for the images I used.
6. Cut out some butterflies from Heart Song, stamps from Spring Has Sprung and flowers from Perfect Petals. Arrange these on to the panels marked ‘B’, using a couple of stamps and butterflies for each panel. For details, look at the photos below:
7. For the middle ‘A’ panel, cut out some flowers and butterflies from Perfect Petals and Heart Song and layer these on to the postcard, being sure to leave some space for your greeting.
8. And you’re done. Here’s a picture of the card open flat, so you can see all the different elements on each panel. Happy Scrapping!
Mother's Day is coming up, and we thought this gift card holder from Sharon Ngoo was a perfect share from the G45 Vault! It even has this great collage tutorial.
These two great card ideas certainly start the weekend right! Have you been trying these great tutorials? Please share on our Facebook page! We can't wait to see all your creations!
Have a Crafty Weekend,
Your Friends at Graphic 45