"P" is for Pam Bray with Olde Curiosity Shoppe!
We are so excited to welcome our new US team member, Pam Bray! You have probably seen Pam's awesome work on our Social Media sites - she has been a G45er for many years and we are so excited to have her on our 2016 Design Team! All of her projects are just gorgeous. She shares some of her favorite works today, and then shares a brand new tutorial with step-by-step instructions to create yourself. Her idea is perfect for our June #UniquelyYou challenge! You will love it. Let's let Pam introduce herself:
"Hi Pam here from the Memphis TN area….home of Blues and BBQ!!! We have lived in Memphis for almost 15 years and have just recently retired!!! Our life has been a journey as we lived in different states during our working careers. We have 4 married children and 9 grandchildren.
I began the love of crafting as a small child helping my grandma making her flea market pieces. My sister in laws taught me how to sew as a young mom. I always found great joy in making items for my home and family. We were transferred to Nebraska when our youngest was a baby and there I learned the art of tole painting which I truly loved until I discovered the art of paper crafting.
Our first grandson gave me the love of paper crafting….layouts. As I got more comfortable in my own being I discovered fussy cutting paper, working with inks and paste. I find it so relaxing to take paper along with some ink or paint, a needle and thread or even by itself to make extraordinary pieces of art.
I love that in this time...in this moment I create. I can spend time in my studio, with my family, to relax, to read, to cook, to sew, etc. The sky is truly the limit to my freedom to be me.
My Motto: “Remember Each Moment Is A Memory!”
Now, Pam shares some of her favorite G45 creations with links back to her original blog post. So fun! Take a look at these 3 projects:
"I love spring time....SO...I decided to grab some chipboard I had laying around and make me a happy spring time wall frame from scratch. I love how it turned out!!!
All details on how it came together can be found at this link…
Graphic Gilded Lily
Craftwell Memories Pocket Die Set
Sizzix Doily Die
Sizzix Doily Die 2
Sizzix Ornate Frame2
Chestnut Roan Ink
Beacon Liquid Glue
Approximately 7” x 12”
Graphic 45 Old Curiosity Shoppe Pattern Paper
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
The final project measures approximately 8” x 14”.
"I am heading to Florida at the end of the month and will be gone for a few days so I know I am hearing the waves of the water calling me. SO I EXCITED TO SHARE....'The Sea is Calling and I Must Go Canvas'.
All details on how it came together can be found at this link….
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea Collection
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Texture Sheet Gears
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Steampunk Fan Blade
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Gears, Borders and Corners
Stampendous Rust Embossing Powder
Stampendous Boss Gloss
8" x 8" Canvas
Sizzix Doily Die Cut
Chestnut Roan Ink
Beacon Zip Dry Glue
The finally piece measures 8” x 8”.
Now, Pam shares a brand new project with us that can inspire our #UniquelyYou challenge. Isn't this awesome?
"Tip: To add dimension to your flower: Ink edges of petals; roll each petal on a soft mat using a stylus. Bend petals with tweezers, layer together and secure with brad. Mist lightly with water. Make sure to squish slightly to give a scrunched up look. Allow to dry completely before placing on your projects.
Pam's Step-by Step Tutorial1. Paint frame with black ink, dry.
4. Apply Metallic Lustre to chicken wire and peacock.
5. Adhere chicken wire to pattern paper, trim. Adhere to inside of frame.
6. Die cut three doilies from pattern paper, adhere two to inside of frame.
7. Cover chipboard letter with pattern paper, trim with Xacto knife, ink edges.
8. Adhere “Old Curiosity Shoppe” journal block behind chipboard embellishment. Add to top of doily die cut. Adhere to top of letter. Adhere to inside of frame.
9. Adhere pattern paper and border strip to Graphic 45 packaging. Add picture of self, adhere prepared packaging piece to inside of frame.
10. Adhere metal door plate to frame.
11. Fussy cut two of each of the Olde Curiosity Shoppe images from pattern paper, layer together with pop dots. Adhere to frame. Add key.
12. Adhere prepared peacock feathers to frame.
13. Die cut flowers, ink edges. Roll flowers with stylus, pinch edges with tweezers to shape petals. Place flower parts together securing with brad. Mist flowers with water lightly, crunch up. Allow to dry, adhere to frame.
14. Fussy cut butterflies from pattern paper. Adhere together at body. (Allow the wings to stay free to give dimension.) Adhere to frame.
15. Curl green wire, adhere to frame.
Graphic 45: Olde Curiosity Shoppe 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Graphic 45: Botanicabella Pattern Paper
Graphic 45: Playtimes Past Pattern Paper
Graphic 45: Staples
Graphic 45: Package Back
Sizzix: Pansy Die, Lacy Doily Die
Gypsy Soul Lasercuts: Chicken Wire, Peacock Feathers
DecoArt Metallic Lustre: Iced Espresso, Gold Rush, Silver Spark, Elegant Emerald, Brilliant Turquoise
DecoArt Shimmer Mister White
DecoArt Media Carbon Black
ColorBox Chestnut Roan Ink
Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry, Glue Dots, Xyron Adhesive Dots, Scrapbook Adhesive Pop Dots
EK Success Deco Scallop Border Punch
3/8” Corner Punch
MonAmi Gabby: Green Wire Gabby
McGill: Flower Mat and Stylus
Join us in welcoming Pam in the comments below. Her work is amazing! Have a fabulous Wednesday, G45ers!
Your Pals in Paper,
The G45 Family
Want to try these projects out? Visit your LSS or order online today! Graphic 45 Store Locator Link Here