Great Upcycling Ideas in Red, White, and Blue!
Happy 4th of July to our American G45ers! We hope you have an amazing day. It should be made even more amazing with these upcycling projects using our DIY Craft Rolls by the incredible Marina BlauKitchen and Pam Bray! You will love their great ideas in red, white, and blue. Let's wait no further to see their amazing projects!
First, Marina shows how to make drab postage boxes into WOW organization!
"When I first saw diy craft paper I thought how many wonderful things I could make with them. They have a perfect size for any project you want to make and every design is really lovely. As I love storage and organization my first idea was to make a project to keep in order my staples and this box is bigger enough to make it possible. Upcycle this cardboard box has been very easy and funny and I’m sure I’ll make a lot of them. You can customize a box according to your needs, maybe you have a lot of washi tapes or ribbons, ink bottles, chipboards or embellishments and this is the perfect way because you can make an appropiate place and set to each item.
1.- Use different designs of DIY Craft Rolls to differentiate each box, so they are unique.
2.- Combine remnants of paper from other projects and use them as a new decoration for your box.
3.- Make patterns of the most complicated parts of the box, then you can cut and glue them, they will fit perfectly." ~Marina
4501289 DIY Craft Roll paper Numbers and Stripes
#4501287 DIY Craft Roll paper Biclycles and Polka Dots
#41005 Color Box Graphic 45 Decades Triumphant red
#41001 Color Box Graphic 45 Decades Photogenic
#4500422 Metal Brads
#4500546 Ornate Metal Key Holes
#4501261 ATC Red Policy Envelopes
#4501262 Square Red Policy Envelopes
#4501263 Regular Red Policy Envelopes
#4501221 Regular Ivory Tag Albums
#4501270 Alphabet Banners Kraft Letter G
#4501253 Comunique Collection Society Page
#4501253 Comunique Collection Telegram
#4500773 Typography Collection Imagine
#1837070 Petaloo Forgetmenots Antique Mauve
#586560 Prima Marketing Vintage Emporium
#586522 Prima Marketing Vintage Emporium
Cling Stamps Graphic 45 Rare Oddities 2
#10500 Top Boss Embossing Powder Stamp Pad Clear
Pam has the best tutorial below for her brilliant upcycled cabinet. You will adore this great project! Awesome organization abounds on the blog today!
"TIP: When applying the DIY Craft Paper to cover a dimension project, cut slightly larger than placement, adhere and using a sanding block gently sand off the edges."~Pam
Pam's Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Prepare cabinet with coat of black paint. Dry.
2. Cut DIY Craft Paper for cabinet. Apply Deco-page to cabinet sides and drawers using brush. Place DIY Craft Paper to top, sand edges off lightly with sanding block. Dry completely after applying craft paper.
3. Cut ¾” strips of pattern paper, adhere to cabinet side and drawers.
4. Die cut doilies and gears, adhere to cabinet. Add door knockers to drawers.
5. Adhere washi tape around edges of cabinet.
6. Fussy cut ephemera image from pattern paper. Adhere to chipboard that has been covered with pattern paper. Adhere to back wall of shelf.
7. Cover “Inspire” sign with various pieces of pattern paper. Adhere to top of cabinet.
8. Apply Metallic Lustre to leaves, adhere top of cabinet.
9. Fussy cut images and butterflies from pattern paper twice. Layer images together with pop dots or by adhering butterflies together at bodies to allow the wings to remain free.
10. Cover tags with DIY Craft Paper; decorate with pattern paper, gears, door knobs and prepared embellishments and butterflies created from pattern paper. Adhere to cabinet with pop dots.
11. Die cut flowers from DIY Craft Paper, layer together, scrunch up and adhere to cabinet.
12. Add legs to bottom of cabinet.
Graphic 45 DIY Curiosity Collage & Butterflies Craft Paper
Graphic 45 DIY Numbers & Strips Craft Paper
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe 12” x 12” Paper Pad
Graphic 45 Typography 12” x 12” Paper Pad
Graphic 45 Antique Brass Door Knockers
Graphic 45 Typography Washi Tape
Graphic 45 Large Black Tags
Graphic 45 Metal Door Plates & Knobs
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Inspire Stand Up Sentiment and Leaves
Sizzix: Lacy Doily, Gearhead, Pansy Flower, Matboard
Deco Art Metallic Lustre Brilliant Turquoise, Elegant Emerald, Iced Espresso
Americana Deco: Black Chalky Finish
Cabinet to upcyle
We have a great new giveaway this week with an 8x8, 6x6 Patterns & Solids, Chipboard, and Journaling & Ephemera cards of Mon Amour. It's always a great time to spread love! To enter, please comment here on the blog, follow us on Instagram, or post on our Facebook page. Thanks so much and have fun! We'll announce a winner here on Friday. Enjoy!
Aren't these great uses of our DIY Craft Rolls? We love how handy these Staples are for those larger projects. Enjoy trying these tutorials and have a great Independence Day to our G45ers celebrating today!
The G45 Family
Want to try these projects out? Visit your LSS or order online today! Graphic 45 Store Locator Link Here