Amazing Albums with Terrific Techniques!
It's another day with amazing albums! Today, Magda Cortez and Pam Bray share great albums with tutorials that are perfect for your travel photos. So many great ideas to remember special moments and adventures. We hope this inspires your weekend to get creative and try your hand at some album-making.
First, Magda shares the most amazing way to turn a mini album into a purse! Isn't this fabulous?
"Hi.. Today I want to share this beautiful mini album I made using the Square Tag & Pockets Album.. it was so fun going out of the box from a simple mini album into a Purse Mini Album! Also this album bring to me wonderful memories to one of my travels to Europe.. If you want to make an easy album I highly recommend to use the Square Tag & Pockets album it is so easy and you don’t need to decorate a lot.. I use black cardstock and lots of washi Tape.. I think I’m in love with the G45 Washi Tape … I hope you enjoy the Snapguide tutorial how you can transform your Square Tag & Pockets Album into a Purse Mini Album ..Also you can watch the YouTube slideshow were you can see more details!!!!..
Tip: If you don’t have a lot of space for thick embellishments use pieces of Washi Tape and stickers.." ~Magda
Kraft Square Tag Album
Cityscapes Paper Collection
12” x 12” pad
8” x 8” pad
Cityscapes Ephemera Cards
Cityscapes Decorative Chipboard
Graphic 45 Washi Tape
Wood Gears, Black Ribbon, set of magnets
Metal Studs from my stash.
Now, enjoy this wonderful altered box and mini album by Pam! She has a step-by-step tutorials so you can try these techniques yourself!
1.) For a fast and easy way to cover chipboard pieces use washi tape. Cover chipboard with washi tape, trim with Xacto Knife and sand sides.
2.) Use washi tapes as away to hinge mini album pages together. Fast and easy.
3.) Add washi tape with photos for an added element to your pages." ~Pam
1. Cut and adhere pattern paper to the front, sides and insides of Mixed Media Box.
2. Punch border trim from pattern paper; adhere to sides of box.
3. Fussy cut images for pattern paper: adhere to back of prepared box. Add seashells and metals to top of box.
4. Adhere chipboard to top of pattern paper image. Trim edges. Adhere knob to top. Adhere to top of box.
5. Add washi tape to top of seahorse; trim and sand.
6. Emboss seahorse with rust embossing powder; adhere to top of washi tape seahorse. Add to top of box with pop dots.
7. Emboss coral pieces with aged teal and rust embossing powder; adhere to top of box. Add seashells to front of box.
9. Wrap spools with jute. Add banner strip around the spools.
10. Adhere aged teal and rust coral to the spool front along with metals and seashells.
The Sea is Calling Me Mini Album Step-by-Step Tutorial:
- Apply washi tape to the photo chipboard squares to form an accordion book.
2. Cover each of the photo chipboard squares with pattern paper.
3. Add a pocket to the page along tag.
4. Add metal gears to pages.
5. Add sticker letters titles to borders. Adhere to page; add washi tape along with ribbon ties.
6. Adhere pattern papers strips, borders and tags to page.
7. Adhere journal tag to page. Add washi tape to bottom of photo.
8. Tie a bow using a chipboard button. Add to page.
9. Fussy cut image from pattern paper; add to page with pop dots.
10. Adhere a border strip to top of page; placing one of the image on with pop dots.
11. Tie ribbon to tag and place behind photo allowing the word “Voyage” to stay exposed.
12. Add metal gears to page.
13. Add a hidden tag behind a photo.
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea 8 x 8 Paper Pad
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea Tags & Pockets
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea Chipboard
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea Cardstock Stickers
Graphic 45 Mixed Media Box with Magnetic Closure
Graphic 45 Washi Tape
Graphic 45 Metal Door Plates and Knobs
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Steampunk Seahorse
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Coral
Stampendous Rust Embossing Powder
Stampendous Aged Teal Embossing Powder
3/8” Corner Punch
EK Scallop Border Punch
Dark Teal Ribbon
Let's see who won our blog giveaway this week! Our randomly chosen winner is....
-Denise Sayers: I love the Safari Adventure so much. I have almost used up my 8 x 8 pad and need the rest to complete projects that I have in mind. The Halloween (Alice in Wonderland) looks fun to try too.
Congratulations, Denise! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize pictured below. Thanks to everyone who entered this week!
We hope this inspires you to create a travel album this weekend. And make sure to enter it into our great challenge we have going this month!
Your Pals in Paper,
The G45 Family
Want to try these projects out? Visit your LSS or order online today! Graphic 45 Store Locator Link Here