An Album & Card with Safari Adventure!
There's so much beauty to share today with Safari Adventure! Marina BlauKitchen and Kathy Clement show you clever ways to use this vivid collection. Marina has a tiger breaking from its cafe and Kathy welcomes baby in a brilliant way!
"A nice way to save summer memories is to make an album with a pretty cover that invites you to open it to discover magical moments. This Square Tag & Pocket Album is perfect for that, you have a lot of space for photos, pages, pockets and also lovely tags.
About Safari Adventure Collection I must say that I am in love with it and I am sure it will become one of my favorite.
I think it has been a good idea to add some Graphic 45 washi tape, it’s a wonderful embellishment for the pages inside.
1.- Not hesitate to use everyday objetcs to add to your work as I’ve done with these bamboo skewer. You sure discover a lot of things you can use and mix with this wonderful papers.
2.- Don’t throw away little pieces of these wonderful papers, you can use them in other projects and also make paper patchtwork with them and use it as background or embellishment. (See August Tip photos)." ~Marina
4501286 Square Tag & Pocket Album Kraft
#4501368 Safari Adventure 8x8 Pad
Safari Adventure page
Call of the wild page
Exotic Patterns page
2 pages Amazing Africa
Luch Landscape page
#4501367 Safari Adventure 6x6 Patterns & Solids Pad
#4501371 Banners Safari Adventure Collection
#4501375 Journaling and Ephemera Cards
#45011372 Chipboard 2
#4500843 Washi Tape Set
Some bamboo skewers
Some paper flowers
Some ribbon and cord
Now, take a look at Kathy's great "Welcome to our Jungle" card - what a great way to welcome a new baby!
"You never know when inspiration might strike, but when it does, I have learned to answer the call. When I was tidying up after making a project, I found a scrap of Safari Adventure paper on my table. This sweet image of a mama elephant and her baby caught my eye and I thought, “Wouldn’t this make the cutest welcome baby card?”
I challenged myself to work primarily with the scraps that were on the table and this card is the end result. I just love the playfulness of this non-traditional baby card design, and hope you will, too.
Designer Tips for working with UTEE
- I used a Spellbinder circle die to cut out my focal image, then heat embossed it with UTEE to give it the appearance of being framed under glass.
- When working with UTEE, tap the image with Versamark Embossing Ink, cover with the embossing enamel and heat from the underside to prevent the granules from flying off the image and all over your workspace. Ask me how I learned this someday….
- Hold the image with tweezers so you don’t burn your fingers. Once the enamel is mostly melted, you can heat from the top. I usually repeat this process 2 to 3 times to get really good coverage. Let it cool a few minutes between coats.
- Let the image cool completely before matting. If you touch it before it’s completely set, you’ll leave your fingerprints behind.
- If you can’t resist touching the image (who would ever do that, I want to know! ) and you smudge the UTEE, all is not lost. Just gently reheat the top of the image until the UTEE melts back into place. " ~Kathy
Graphic 45 Safari Adventure 12x12 Paper:
Safari Adventure 8x8 Papers
Creatures Great and Small
Safari Adventure Chipboard 1 &
Safari Adventure Banners
Safari Adventure 12x12 Prints and Patterns
Staples Ivory ATC tag
Ranger UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel)
Spellbinder circle die, or other circle die
Two sheets of 8.5x11 Soft Sky Cardstock
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Laser Cut Doilies
Petaloo Canvas Garden Rosettes/Ivory
Petaloo Textured Elements Ivory Mixed textured Mini Blossoms
Really Reasonable Ribbon Light Blue Micro Gingham, Ivory Burlap String, Parrot Green Leaves
Fiskars Precious Baby Quotes Clear Acrylic Stamps
Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
Brad, Stick Pins, Novelty Buttons
Want to win $89 of Children's Hour? You can this week here on the blog! Look at all these goodies up for grabs. Just comment here on the blog or on Facebook to enter. We'll announce a winner here on the blog on Friday. Woo hoo!
It's a beautiful week to get creative! We hope this inspired you to create this week. Have a great Monday!
Your Pals in Paper,
The G45 Family
Want to try these projects out? Visit your LSS or order online today! Graphic 45 Store Locator Link Here