School Time Beauty with Graphic 45!
First, Kathy gets us ready for autumn with some back-to-school teacher treat bags. Love it!
"It’s been a long, hot summer here in North Carolina. But fall is finally just around the corner. KIds are going back to school and teachers are setting up classrooms that will inspire young minds to learn and grow. Our young adults are headed off to college filled with hopes and dreams for their future adult lives. Wouldn’t it be nice to create an inspirational treat bag to tuck into a lunch box, a college bound suitcase, or leave on teacher’s desk? Graphic 45 Square Policy Envelopes make a quick and easy base for these World’s Fair sweet treat bags. I think you’ll find lots of fun ways to use these, so I’ve worked up a Snapguide tutorial to show you the simple, step by step process.
The World’s Fair Collection contains so many inspirational quotes, making it a perfect choice for this project. The bright, bold colors are seasonally appropriate, too.
Tuck in a homemade cookie, a packaged treat, an ephemera card with a personal message and a small gift card for Starbucks, and let the love fest begin!
- Square policy envelopes are such a classy vehicle for treat bags, and they save you lots of time. Just fussy cut a few items, layer them on with foam dimensionals, and you’re done!
- I chose the black policy envelopes because the World’s Fair color palette just POPS off the background. Depending on what collection you decide to work with, you could use the red or kraft policy envelopes to make your sweet treat bags.
- Use a ball stylus and foam pad to round out the balloon shapes. This will add extra dimension to your composition. To secure the rounded balloons to the envelopes, add a double layer of foam dimensionals (or waste chipboard) to the balloon centers. Run a fine bead of “dries clear” glue just along the edges and gently hold in place for a second or two.
- Paper scraps make great fishtail banners! Fold small strips of scrap paper in half, then cut the ends at a 45 degree angle. Layer several of these together to create colorful background embellies.
- Use border strips from the collection along the base of the envelope to anchor and unify the design. It’s a small detail that makes a big visual impact." ~Kathy
Graphic 45 World’s Fair 12x12 papers
World’s Fair 8x8 papers
Scraps from World’s Fair 6x6 Prints and Patterns
World’s Fair Ephemera Cards
World’s Fair Chipboard
G45 Staples Square Black Policy Envelopes
Red Taffeta Ribbon
Petaloo Black Textured Elements
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive with fine point tip
Graphic 45 ABC Primer Deluxe Collectors Edition
Black Card Stock
Metal Clip, Clock
Blue and Black Seam Binding
Scallop Flower Border Punch
- Cut black card stock to measure 7” x 12”. Score at the 3”, 3 ¼”, 3 ½”, 8 ½ ”, 8 3/4”, 9” using scoreboard. Trim corners at top measuring 3 ½” from bottom of card stock. Fold in sides of score lines.
2. Line with inside of prepared notebook holder with pattern paper. Adhere border strip to top of inside of notebook holder. Repeat again on the sides and front of prepared notebook holder. Fold in sides at the score lines.
3. Adhere front of notebook holder together to form pocket.
4. Decorate with journal pieces from pattern papers. Add a small clip to journal piece.
5. Add flowers to front of notebook holder
6. Add pretty bow to front of notebook holder.
7. Decorate the front of a small notebook with journal piece from pattern paper
8. Add ribbon to top of notebook
9. Place notebook inside of holder.
This week we are giving away a great prize pack full of Mon Amour goodies. This is such a romantic collection and we have included some Staples that will make these products shine. To win, just comment here on the blog or on our Facebook page! Have fun entering and stay tuned for us to announce a winner on Friday!
Have you created some back-to-school projects? We'd love to see them - we love when you share on our Facebook Page!
The G45 Family
Want to try these projects out? Visit your LSS or order online today! Graphic 45 Store Locator Link Here