St. Patrick's Day Treats with Graphic 45
"There’s something whimsical and magical about St. Patrick’s Day. Maybe it’s the beginnings of spring or the thought of little Leprechaun’s and their gold or the color green. For this project, I was inspired to design with the smallest Graphic 45 Matchbox---the ATC one and the March papers of the Deluxe Collector’s Edition of Time to Flourish. The wonderful images and greens of this paper led me to create this Luck of the Iris Matchbox. But that wasn’t all! I was also inspired to use the scraps to create a tiny Leprechaun hat in hopes that one will stop by on March 17th! Happy Crafting!" ~Sandy
Tip: When creating a project of a predominant color such as green (with a bit of purple), look to other collections to supplement your papers especially when working with a limited number of the design such as the months in the Time to Flourish collection. Also, hold on to all your scraps and use those to piece together designs and create embellishments for your project or even go out on a limb and create a bonus project like a little hat that compliments your main piece.
Graphic 45 ATC Matchbox
Graphic 45 Time to Flourish Deluxe Collector’s Edition – March
Graphic 45 Colorbox Decades Ink – Dark Cashmere
Petaloo Flowers – Vintage Velvet Dowgwood & Penny Lane Vanilla Forget-me-nots
Prima Color Bloom Lilac Spray (to alter the vanilla flowers)
Petaloo Fancy Trims, Crochet Lace
Tea Dyed Gauze
Flat Back Pearls
Green Rhinestone Trim or Ribbon
Green Braided Ribbon Trim
Fine Gold Glitter
Green Satin Ribbon 1/8”
Gold Seed Beads
Green Pearl Brad
Metal Bird Nest Charm
Metal Label Holder or other Metal Piece
Pearl Heart Charm
Beacon’s 3-in-1 Glue
And who doesn't love special treats on special days? Learn how to make these treat holders by Kathy with our Large Tag Staples! So fun!
"The Top ‘o the Mornin’ to you and Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Having an Irish heritage, our family loves to celebrate this fun holiday by wearing green and enjoying special treats like Irish Soda Bread, fish and chips...and chocolate!
These quick and easy treat holders are made with Staples Long Ivory tags. The pretty shaped edge makes them extra special. I thought it would be fun to pull out all three of the Graphic 45 “calendar” collections, and decorate each treat holder with the March papers from A Place in Time, Children’s Hour or Time to Flourish. I die cut a little gift card holder from matching papers and then filled it with yummy chocolate.
You’ll be everyone’s favorite leprechaun when you tuck one of these pretty treats into a lunchbox, on the breakfast table, or co-worker’s desk!" ~Kathy
Follow these easy steps to turn a long Staples Tag into a treat holder:
- Place a long Staples Tag (I used Ivory) on your scoring tool so that the long side is against the rail and the bracketed edge is on your right.
- Starting at the left hand side, score the tag at 3.5" and again at 4".
- Gently fold the tag, working slowly so that you don't crack the heavy cardstock. You might need to very lightly moisten the area along the crease with a baby wipe or damp paper towel.
- Burnish with a bone folder to set the crease. Now you have a little “book” that you can decorate and fill with a chocolate treat.
- Create layers and dimension by mounting your focal image on foam dimensionals or waste chipboard. Tuck little tags or postage stamps behind the main image before you glue it in place.
- Tie pretty ribbon through the grommet end of the tag. Then add chipboard tags, small charms and/or flowers.
- Die cut a gift card holder from matching papers. If you don’t have a die, you can always score a Staples ATC tag the same way you scored the long tag. It makes a great pocket for holding tags and chocolate treats.
- Graphic 45 wide washi tape makes quick work of covering the spine of these treat holders, and it will also cover up any small cracks that might occur as a result of folding the tags.
A Place in Time Deluxe Collector’s Edition
12x12 March pages
Ephemera Card for March
8x8 March pages
Time to Flourish
12x12 March Pages
8x8 March Pages
Tags and Pockets
6x6 Patterns and Solids (can be used with all 3 collections)
3 Long Ivory Staples Tags
Staples Wide Cream Washi tape
Flowers, charms and ribbon
Individually wrapped chocolates
Gift Card Die, or Staples ATC tag
Darjeeling Tea Stain Green Mini Mix
Purple Baby Blooms
Darjeeling Purple Mini Butterflies
This week we are giving away a beautiful pastel prize pack full of Cafe Parisian and Precious Memories and Ivory Artist Trading Tags and Shabby Chic Metal Keys! What a gorgeous prize pack! Who wants to win? Just comment here on the blog or on our Facebook page to take part! Make sure to enter today!
Now, we're ready to have the Luck of the Irish! Have a wonderful day, G45ers!
The G45 Family
Want to try these projects out? Visit your LSS or order online today! Graphic 45 Store Locator Link Here