Shadow Box + Mini Album + Botanicabella = One Perfect Project by Marina Blaukitchen
Welcome to another creative installment on the Graphic 45 blog. In this post, you will find a hybrid project that will amaze and delight any artist, along with tips, a Snapguide step by step tutorial, and a video! Introducing Marina Blaukitchen's shadow box and mini album using the fabulous Botanicabella - Deluxe Collector's Edition. Also be sure to leave a comment here as well as on Facebook to be entered to win this week's contest.
"My two favorite crafting techniques are fussy cutting and layering and I have combined a little of both in this shadow box.
It is very relaxing for me to fussy cut, I can spend hours and hours doing it! Then I love to play with the little pieces and try to create a scene with dimension and depth.
Shadow boxes are ideal to try these techniques, they give a proper and delimited space to create different compositions, and they are more versatile than you might think. This is an example of that using a shadow box to decorate an album cover. " ~ Marina BlauKitchen
Marina transformed the Butterfly Square Pockets & Tags Album into a breathtaking shadow box and mini.
- Use the scissors you feel most comfortable with. Fussy cut should be a pleasure, not a martyr! Try different scissors until you find “the ones made for you”.
- Cut apart the piece you want to fussy cut, then try to move the paper instead the scissors while cutting.
- I recommend using a precision cutter(x-acto knife) to cut small spaces inside the piece you are cutting.
- Layering is a very interesting and entertaining technique. Try more than one possibility before making a final decision for your design.
- Add cardstock or cardboard little pieces to raise the figures and make them stand out from the other figures and from the background.
Graphic 45 Supplies:
Download and Print the Square Tag & Pocket - Jungle Mini album instruction.
Looking to win big? This week we are giving out a $135+ prize package full of Vintage Hollywood goodies, a 5x5 Mixed Media Box, Square Tags and Pockets Album, Black ATC Tags, Drawer Pulls, and Door Knockers. Wow! To be entered to win just leave a comment here on our blog and/or our Facebook page. The winner will be announced here on the blog on Friday, April 14th, 2017.
Now go out and find your perfect fussy cutting scissors and let the paper guide you on your next creative adventure. What are you favorite tried and true tips? Be sure to share with us here!
Visit your LSS or order online today! Looking for Graphic 45 products? Store Locator