Spotlight: The Sea is Calling - Mixed Media Layout By Katelyn Grosart
Welcome to another week full of introductions to the Graphic 45 Brand Ambassadors for 2017. Today, we have the pleasure of introducing the wildly talented Katelyn Grosart. Katelyn has been crafting for years, been a part of the Graphic 45 family this last year as well, and is now joining us again. We could not be more thrilled to get to share her wonderful creations with you all. Today we will also share her magical mixed media layout she created using Voyage Beneath the Sea, complete with SnapGuide so you can see how she compose each element. Before we talk about Katelyn, we have to mention this week's prize-to enter to win just comment here on the blog each day today through Thursday or on Facebook. We will announce the winner right here on the blog, this Friday. And the winner will receive...
Vintage Hollywood 12x12 Paper Pad, 12x12 Patterns & Solids Paper Pad, 2 Chipboard, Tags & Pockets Die-Cuts, 8x8 paper pad, Ephemera & Journaling Cards, Black ATC Tags, Square Tags & Pockets Mini Albu, Square Deep Matchbook Box, Metal Drawer Pulls, Metal Lion's Head Knockers, and Vintage Hollywood Stamps, total value $135+.
“Hey G45 Fans! I’m Katelyn Grosart and I live on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC with my boyfriend of 7 years.
I’ve spent the last 8 years in the papercrafting world, working in a scrapbook store, as well as teaching a variety of classes. You’ll find me most of the time in my scrapbook room designing various cards, mixed media pages, scrapbook layouts, mini albums, and altered items.
In my spare time I love to read a good book while drinking a green tea latte or London Fog from Starbucks. When I’m not reading, I love to spend time with friends or watch a good movie. When the weather is nice, you’ll often find me outside taking advantage of the beautiful Canadian weather.”
- My all time favourite paper collection from Graphic 45 would be Botanical Tea, although Nature Sketchbook would be a close second.
- I’m a big Netflix watcher while I craft. My current favourite Netflix shows are: Grace & Frankie, House of Cards and Schitts Creek.
- I can’t live or craft without my fussy cutting scissors. I have 5 pairs just for fussy cutting in case I lose one in a pile while I’m crafting.
Now that you’ve learned a bit about Katelyn, she’s going to share with you a new project.
The Sea is Calling and I Must Go
Scrapbook Layout By Katelyn Grosart
“I love to explore new trends in the paper crafting industry. One of the new trends I decided that I wanted to explore is adding a mixed media element to my project. By using paint and texture paste with a stencil as well as a few other mixed media elements on a scrapbook layout freak the heck out of me and it’s something that I tend to avoid. So I challenged myself to explore this trend of using mixed media elements on a scrapbook layout. By mixing paint, texture paste, stenciling, a few embellishments and fussy cut images I was able to create this beautiful sea inspired layout. Grab a cup of your favourite beverage and enjoy the photos and tutorial of my sea inspired layout.” ~Katelyn Grosart
Once your layout is put together, using white paint, add splatter marks over your entire layout.
To add extra interest on your stenciled circles, rub on Opal Magic Wax in Blue and Green.
Here’s something I learned while exploring this technique: Keep adding paint, stenciled images, stamped images and wax to the base page of your layout. It will get better when you continue to add different layers and elements.
Graphic 45 Supplies:
- Voyage Beneath the Sea 12x12 Patterned Paper: Voyage Beneath the Sea, Neptune’s Adventure, Deep Blue Dreams, Aquatic Passage, Mermaid Melody, Steampunk Splash, Wild Waves.
- Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Keys
- Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Keyholes
- Elizabeth Craft Designs: Stitched Circles
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Mixed Media 2
- Prima Marketing: Art Alchemey Opal Magic Wax - Blue Velvet & Green Brocade
- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder
- Southern Ridge Trading Company: Tiny Bubbles
- Dylusions for Ranger Ink: Polished Jade and Vibrant Turquoise Paint
- Dina Wakley for Ranger Ink: Palette Knife and White Gesso
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Crayons - Lucky Clover, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon
- Ranger Ink: Texture Paste Opaque Matte
Thanks for joining me today as I share with you my mixed media “The Sea is Calling and I Must Go” Scrapbook layout." ~Katelyn Grosart
...and thanks to Katelyn for sharing such a gorgeous layout. We hope we have helped get your week off to a great start. We have many more introductions to share with you this week. We are constantly amazed at and humbled by the talent of the Graphic 45 Brand Ambassadors. Stay tuned for more. We'd love to hear about some of your favorite projects by Katelyn in the comments below and remember that each comment is a chance to win this week's blog prize.
Visit your LSS or order online today! Looking for Graphic 45 products? Store Locator