Oh boy, do we have a surprise for you today! The amazing designer and G45 Design Team alum Gloria Stengel made a By the Sea card and also provided a great tutorial for this project. We are going to have some super fun guest stars on our blog this National Craft Month, and the incredible Gloria kicks off the fun!
Many of you are Gloria fans and know how she is a card master. There is always such detail, beauty, and sophistication in a 'Gloria card.' They are all a masterpiece. And the "You Are My Anchor" card shared today is no different!
"I am so excited to be a guest designer today for the Graphic 45 Blog! When Graphic 45 introduced their By the Sea collection, I went bonkers! I live near the Pacific Ocean in southern California, and I am always on the lookout for beach-themed papers. What fun to have access to a new beach-themed collection from my favorite paper manufacturer!" ~Gloria
1. Cut blue cardstock to 5 x 10 inches. Score at 5 inches to make a top-fold, 5x5-inch card.
2. Cut the By the Sea Signature paper (reverse) to 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches. Wrap the paper with twine. Secure the twine on the back of the paper with tape. Attach the paper to the front of the card.
3. Cut blue cardstock to 3 x 4 5/8 inches. Cut Beachcomber paper to 2 7/8 x 4 1/2 inches. Attach the Beachcomber paper to the blue cardstock and attach the panel to the left side of the card front.
4. Cut a banner, approximately 2 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches from blue cardstock. Trim Pier 45 paper to slightly smaller than the cardstock banner. Adhere the banner together. (The sample uses My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax die cut templates to cut the banner.) Attach the banner to the Beachcomber panel as shown using adhesive foam squares.
5. Cut a 2 1/2 inch circle from blue cardstock. Cut a slightly smaller circle from Set Sail paper. Adhere the circles together. Attach the circle to the right side of the banner using adhesive foam squares.
6. Tie the twine into a bow, overlapping the right edge of the circle.
7. Trim the "You are My Anchor" image from 8x8-inch Sand and Surf paper. Rub the edges of the image with blue ink. Attach the image to a scrap of chipboard, and attach the image to the left side of the card as shown.
8. Tie the small chipboard tag from By the Sea Chipboard Tags 1 to the card with twine. Also add a Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Key and an anchor die cut shape.
9. Glue a blue sequin to the top of the twine. Add a tiny, self-adhesive pearl to the top of the sequin.
10. Glue three sequins to the Set Sail circle. Add a self-adhesive pearl to the top of each sequin.
11. Glue a Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Key Hole to right edge of the main image. Add self-adhesive pearls to the keyhole as shown.
12. Using sharp scissors, trim a starfish and a shell from the Beachcomber paper. Attach fussy cut images to the card as shown.
13. Using deco scissors, trim a postage stamp image from Splash paper and attach as shown.
14. Fill a tiny bottle with sand. Cork the bottle of sand and glue it to the card as shown.
15. Trim two pieces of cream cardstock to 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches. Use black ink to stamp the lighthouse from the By the Sea Cling Stamp 1 set onto one cream panel.
16. Use black ink to stamp a sentiment and blue ink to stamp the anchor from the By the Sea Cling Stamp 3 set onto the other cream panel. (The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs "The Sea.") Attach the cream cardstock panels to the inside of the card.
17. Trim By the Sea Signature paper to 1 x 4 7/8 inches. Stamp the postage image from the By the Sea Cling Stamp 3 set onto the left side of the paper strip with black ink.
18. Attach the paper strip to the top of the cream panel containing the lighthouse.
19. Trim By the Sea Signature paper to 1 x 4 7/8 inches. Stamp the "Pier 45" image from the By the Sea Cling Stamp 2 set onto the right side of the paper strip with black ink.
20. Attach the paper strip to the cream panel containing the sentiment.
12x12 Papers: By the Sea: Signature sheet, Beachcomber, Set Sail, Splash, Pier 45
8x8 papers: By the Sea: Sand and Surf
Chipboard: By the Sea Tags 1
Cling Stamps: By the Sea 1, 2, 3
Staples: Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Keys, Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Key Holes
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Smooth and Silky Blueberry, ColorMates
Original Light Totally Tan
Other stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs The Sea
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Bon Voyage; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo
Twine: May Arts
Die cuts: Spellbinders Nautical, Standard Circles Large and Small; My Favorite Things
Fishtail Flag Stax
Pearls: Couture Creations
Bottle: Sky Blue Pink
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares;
Aleene's Tacky Glue
"I enjoyed being back with the Graphic 45 Team, if only for a day! Thanks for looking, and I hope you feel inspired to create something with By the Sea papers!" ~Gloria
Make sure to visit Gloria's blog! She always has a ton of fun on her blog - great projects, challenges, and ideas!
Now, we have a great card share from the G45 Vault. Tara Orr was one of our past Design Team members, and a master of layering and layouts and cards. This is a French Country card with so much sophistication and beauty. Don't you love this?
Need more great card ideas? Don't forget about our wonderful card Pinterest board:
Gloria always wows us with her amazing cardmaking. Thanks so much for joining us today! Join us tomorrow for another great tutorial in honor of this wonderful National Craft Month!
Your Friends at Graphic 45